So, here are the top 5 things you could be doing RIGHT NOW to have your very own dream bikini body:
1. Swap your morning coffee for loose-leaf green tea, or hot water and lemon. More than 1-2 shots of espresso can cause your cortisol hormone levels to rise, which can add to the fat tissue you're carrying around your middle. Make sure you drink your last cup of coffee by lunchtime, as caffeine can also disrupt the quality and length of your sleep (which is also very important for a lean, mean physique!). Aim to sip through at least 2 litres of fresh water and herbal teas every day - and remember that coffee and black tea don't count!
2. Have a protein-rich breakfast. The best options include a serving of my (currently nicknamed) "Fiseli", 2-3 poached or scrambled eggs, or a 40g serving of whole rolled porridge oats made with hazelnut or almond milk, and topped with ground flaxseed and a handful of fresh berries. If you're interested in my museli, just give me a call on 07973661767.
3. Prepare an extra serving for lunch when you make your dinner this evening. Fabulous options include a chicken or fish fillet baked or stir-fried in lemon juice, olive oil and fresh herbs, chopped through a salad of spinach, rocket, avocado, baby tomatoes and a sprinkling of pine nuts ... also have a look at my Quinoa and Roasted Root Vegetable Salad, and do give my protein rich Lentil and Quinoa Salad a try!
4. Get rid of as much wheat and dairy as you can. Swap cows milk for almond, hazelnut milk or soy milk. Swap your toast for ryvita crispbreads. Treat yourself with 1-2 oatcakes spread with almond butter and sliced bananas (an absolutely gorgeous afternoon snack). The options are endless if you're prepared to give it a proper go!
5. Get to bed by 9:30 with a good book, and avoid laptop work and watching TV past 8 o'clock. That way your brain will have a chance to wind down for sleep, which is when your body repairs itself from the demands of the day (and builds lean muscle tissue).
The best thing is that you don't need to do all of the above 100% of the time - you can have 1-2 treat meals or snacks a week and still enjoy fantastic results. Naughtiness in moderation is just as important if you want to stick to a healthy regime in the longer term.