Wednesday 1 August 2012

Ally - The Results!!

Well, well, well, what have we here then? My results - yippee!

Firstly, I feel the need to provide some kind of disclaimer upfront, this is going to be wordy....! Pull up a comfy chair and get a cuppa. Ready? Then I'll begin. 

I'm not any good with excel so can't provide some amazing graphic to display my results - I think I'll just let the numbers do the talking.

 


Needless to say, I'm thrilled!!! I think it's worth highlightling a couple of aspects. Most people when they embark on a "get-fit" regime use weight as their only measure of success - this whole process has taught me how completely wrong that is! If you only looked at my weight loss you might think that not much has changed (4lbs in 5 weeks), but then you look at the rest of the measurements and you see that loads has changed! I'm most pleased about the significant changes to my body fat and fat mass. Loosing 3.1 kg (just under 7 lbs) of fat in 5 weeks is crazy!!

Let me put this in perspective for you - butter is mostly sold in 250g blocks, I've got rid of over 12 of these bad-boys from my body (and replaced some of it with muscle and active tissue).

My boobs, thighs and waist all shrunk by significant markers and I can see the difference, although I'm not sure how I feel about the boobs at the moment - I had to go and buy new bras!!
My bum increased by 1 cm which I'm actually pretty happy about, big butts are in, right?! I think it's actually not got bigger, just perter.


And how did I do this? Well, it's down to a commitment to a healthier version of me but also with the guidance of some fabulous people who really know what they're talking about - the Bikini Dream Team.

Pete (Physio) helped me really understand my body and why it works the way it does. Regular sessions with Pete ensured that I made steps towards completely changing my body shape without injury. I'm sure when I'm 80 I'll think of Pete and say a silent prayer! My posture has never been better.

Alex (Training) set a challenging interval work-out and took the time to individualise it for each of us. He kept me focused and made sure I pushed myself to do more each time. At the mid-way point he stepped up the work-out, and I thought I wouldn't be able to do it but you know what? I can. He knows how much to push to get results, genius!

Paul (Coach) made this process simple for me! How? I'm not really sure but he's amazing at what he does. We spent some time really establishing what my goals not only looked like but felt like. This image and feeling has stayed at the fore-front of my mind for the whole challenge, my motivation hasn't wavered. I feel like this has been achieved by "keeping it real" as well. I had Pizza Express (plus many other 'treats'), no sweat - I never panicked and thought I'd fail.

Doing this challenge with the other girls has been brilliant too, thanks for the support ladies!

Finally, the amazing Fi, without her none of this would have happened. Not only did she provide some fabulous ideas and support nutritionally (plus of course the yummy Fi-esli) she put together this whole team and challenge. I feel like I've been given knowledge and tools to use for life, and know that I will never go back, I feel too good!! Thank you for all the inspiration and encouragement gorgeous.

So what does the future look like? Well healthy, strong and...... green!

Love,

Ally xx

P.S. Before and after pics to follow...........woo hoo!


1 comment:

  1. Ally, that is fantastic news! Congratulations and well done! Your focus,commitment, and enthusiasm has paid off!

    Get you, pertier bum.....J Lo would be proud!

    cheers to your continued success!
    love Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.